Do you get paralyzed every time you decide to move forward with your side-hustle, because you know other people are doing something similar?
OK, it's time to knock that crap off, momma.
I realized recently that I am having a hard time getting this concept through to some Wildflowers, so I'm just going to say it again.
Even if someone else is doing exactly the same thing, no one will do it exactly like you.
They have their jam, you have yours. Some clients will like your jam, some will like theirs. Your job is to launch your side-hustle and promote it, so that your weirdos can find you. Because there are no better weirdos than your weirdos. Wildflowers are in the business of building dreams, and nothing is sadder than waking up some day and realizing you have let your dreams atrophy.
A year from now, you will wish you had started today.
I'm issuing a challenge, dear Wildflowers: Think about what you can do in a year. Side-hustles are unique beings because of that whole on the side part. But think about what you can do if you get up an hour early, or forego an hour of TV every day for a year, and in that one hour knock off the list of priorities? (Think if you do both of those things!) Well, within that year you will have your hustle hustling, and there's even time in there for refinements.
So, get ready, set your goals (side hustle business up and running and bringing in $), and declare your intentions to the world. Because what's on the other side of this year is big, and you will SO wish you had done it if you don't.
Examples of what I mean by declared intentions:
- I have 12 months to get my side-hustle launched with 3 paid courses online
- I have a year to get 1000 people on my mailing list
- My first book will be ready for purchase in 365 days
Start here, Wildflower
1. Turn on music that really gets you rolling. Something upbeat and fun. Now, DANCE. Dance around the room like a crazy person. My go to songs are:
- Anything from Mumford & Sons
- Any hair band music. Yep, I own it.
- Katy Perry - Roar [don't judge, it's amazing]
- Fight Song - Rachel Patton
- Imagine Dragons - On Top of the World
2. Now, turn on some slower, worky-type music. . Here are a few Pandora stations I love to work to:
- Avett Brothers
- Michael Franti & Spearhead
- Jesse Cook (this one doubles for a sexy night in, too!)
3. Now. Sit down (or stand at your stand up desk) and get to work:
- Set up your blog if it's not already rolling.
- If your blog is already up and running, write the next month's worth of blog posts.
- Set up your marketing automation. Like Mailchimp.
- If you have 4 weeks of blog content ready, how does your About page look? The About page is the second most viewed page on most sites, so you want to make it really speak to your ideal customer. (Hint from me to you: Write for the ideal customer and you'll attract the right people.)